Founded in 1972, Action For Children is a private, not-for-profit organization, in Columbus, Ohio and operate satellite offices In Delaware, Madison and Union counties. The organization partners with agencies in surrounding Fairfield, Licking, and Pickaway counties to provide services throughout central Ohio's seven-county region.
• To develop and advocate for early childhood education initiatives;
• To foster the growth of early learning environments and assure their availability to all children in central Ohio; and
• To help families endow their children with quality early learning experiences.
• Children are the most valuable resource in our community.
• Successful growth and development of our children depends on every part of the community.
• Child care and early childhood education are inseparable.
• Growth, learning and development begin "Right from the Start."
• Child care professionals are at the heart of quality care and must be accorded the highest stature for their contributions.
• Quality care and education provide rich experiences that meet children's developmental needs.
• All families are important and deserve support and respect.
• We support and respect the richness that diversity brings to our families and communities.
• We support care that meets the needs of diverse segments of our community.
Action for Children's resources for parents include child development information, tips on how to handle common behavior challenges, schedules for classes and workshops, and other community resources for your family's specific needs.
Choosing Childcare: As parents, choosing child care can be one of the most important and most difficult tasks we undertake. Knowing in advance that it is not an overnight process makes it a bit easier to tackle.
Parent Resources: Action for Children is your source for parent support and education. We have many opportunities to build parenting skills through a wide-range of programs.
Parenting Classes: Our parenting programs and workshops address skills that empower families. The Art of Positive Parenting (TAPP) is offered year-round at locations in the central Ohio area.
Putting the Children First: Seminars and resources for parents with minor children who are parties to a divorce, dissolution, or legal separation.
How can Fathers participate?
Children are more successful when their fathers are involved. Learn how you can connect with your children and help them reach their full potential. Assistance with child support and parenting time is available through this eight-week program, which also provides a connection to community resources for fathers. For more information, please contact Judy Williams at 614-224-0222 ext. 102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.